You’ve heard it forever: “It’s not what you know; it’s who you know.” But do you know the right people who can help you secure the opportunities you need to make inroads in your job search? That’s where networking can play a huge part. After all, you need to do more than just apply for jobs online if you want to find the perfect new position for you.
In this course, you’ll get everything you need to successfully network your way to the right people, whether you choose to network in person or virtually—and no matter what type of position you want.
Preparing Yourself to Network
- Why Networking? Do You Really Need It?
- The Golden Rule of Networking: Treat Everyone You Meet as If They Can Help You
- Tag-team Networking: Doubling Up Yields Double the Results
- Talking THROUGH, Not TO, People You Meet
- “What Do You Do?”: Building a Great 30-second Pitch
Where and How to Network
- Best Places to Network
- Leveraging Your Alumni Network
- Network Your Way to a Job through Professional Associations
- How to Meet the “White Whale” through Networking
- Strategies for Networking at Conferences
- Making the Most of the People You Already Know
- How to Network with Recruiters
- Networking Follow-up: The Key to Success
- When to Ask for the Next Meeting